In light of the recent information I have learned about how Adobe plans to take 9% from successful Flash Game developers I have made a decision and moved forward with a change of technology. I’ve mentioned this a couple times and my Wednesday post has come late due to the changes in effect.
Last week my family suffered a loss and I spent as much time as I could with them. My game development took a hit (as it always does and always will when my family needs me), but I am back on the wagon again. I have become stuck with some mostly aesthetic parts in the HTML5 development of Puzzled, but I will work through them as I can. Construct 2 has released many promising features that make me wish I was able to get my standard license now, but I simply don’t have the funding for it at this time.
I have begun design of another 2D project, a platformer. I have a theme and will be discussing the project with the parties relevant to the theme. I have started learning 3DS Max with an educational license and I am also attempting to start learning Unity3D.
I have a much larger project in mind for the Unity project and my goal is to work up a small prototype version of the game. I want this prototype to allow 6 players to connect and play in a small area built for testing out the game play engines. I am not going to release much details about this project, but I will share shots of the artwork and if possible game play. Once I have a mostly functional player versus AI version I may release a short video to show the game mechanics. I will share that this is a crossover of an MMORPG and a FPS with a focus on PvP. It isn’t necessarily a unique concept, but I hope the end result is interesting enough for people.
Puzzled is also once again stuck at artwork. I will do the best that I can with my artwork for this game, but I will eventually be forced to find a talented artist to work with. I want to release Puzzled on Facebook and the Chrome Web Store. I may also begin testing it as a Metro App for Windows 8.